For me?! Oh Thank You!
My thanks for nominating me for such an awesome award go entirely to the talented Marilyn Davis of Mindful Splatter. She’s well gifted in all areas of writing, I just wish she’d share some of it with me! 😉 She’s certainly one I admire, pop on over and see for yourself.
My 11 Questions and Answers:
- What musical instrument would you like to play, and why?
An air guitar, because I’d not miss a chord and never be out of tune LOL
I actually played classical violin and even blue grass fiddle all through my teenage years before those hobbies went by the wayside.
- Do you believe in ghosts ?
Yes, sort of. Ghosts…eh maybe, but since humans are, technically speaking, a special sort of living battery, and that energy dissipates and disperses after death, I have mixed views on the whole thing. I think pockets of energy that are stuck in certain places, either by the events occurring or by natural amps like living around humungous amounts of limestone.
- If you had a chance to travel to Mars, would you?
I’ve literally never been aboard a plane, no joke, and the thought of falling out of the air just doesn’t appeal, though by my son’s insistence, I did place this on my bucket list, as he firmly intends to go to Mars, so I guess I will too. Do you think they might serve large doses of Valium on the flight?
- What is your favorite book, and why?
Do I have to pick one? A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle was my childhood fave, along with Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell vying for the top spot . As an adult, hmmm…A Stranger in a Strange Land by Heinlein or The Stand by Stephen King or…Swan Song by Robert McCammon. I think…for today. It might change tomorrow.
- What is your favorite gift someone has given you?
My very first 10 gallon aquarium-age 10. I used that thing to breed guppies, conducted my own experiments with genetics and seeing what happened if I crossed one trait with another.
- Who is your favorite actor, and why?
Steve Zahn. He’s out there, does his own thing and it works for him. He also happens to be hot. Jus’ sayin’.
- When are you the happiest?
When my mind is at rest, which only seems to happen while sleeping, so I’ll default to the next one. When my guy, my son, and I are able to do something together as a family and it not include anything tech. the park, at a friend’s house, etc. When they are happy, it calms my mind minions down to a slower pace (they hate that though) the mind minions, that is. They believe in the word overtime with a passion.
- What is your favorite zoo animal?
The flamingos, I always have admired their grace and balancing act. I wish I could adopt that for my own.
- Have you ever met a world-famous person, if so, did you talk to him/her?
No, I never have.
- How many books do you think you read a year?
A conservative estimate (not including the backs of cereal boxes, etc) would be around 3 dozen. What? I like to read.
- Who is your favorite author?
So many to choose from! If I were to choose for today, my choice would be either Dean Koontz or Stephen King. I think. Maybe. For today only.
11 Random Facts about me:
- I’m an avid fan of Phineas and Ferb, but mostly of Perry.
- I can and have, spent hours on my cell, playing with and downloading all sorts of free apps. Kid in a candy store, people.
- I long to master the art of mixing music and creating my own remixes and dubsteps, etc. I simply don’t have the amount of brain cells needed to do this successfully. I’ve tried and failed but will keep trying because it’s fun.
- My brain is an Olympic athlete, always on the go and racing here and there. Sadly though, my body resembles nothing even close to the hurdles my brain jumps on the daily.
- I’m in a silent cold war with the next door neighbor and her dogs who bark literally, all night long. Did I mention that they are right outside our bedroom window and not even the wads of cotton stuffed in my ears or the sound machine app on my cell can drown them out. Ditto moth balls, water hoses, and even a dog whistle app from my cell. I think I need to move to Australia.
- I prefer to be outside than in, playing with my garden and having my earbuds securely plugged into my ears, blasting me out with a continuous barrage of music, so I don’t hear and/or have the urge to choke the next door neighbors dogs who bark at me, a squirrel, a bug, a leaf, a passing truck, the mail man, and nothing at all.
- I wonder if a carefully and precisely lobbed smoke bomb over the next door neighbor’s fence would shut the dogs up for ten minutes.
- I wonder if the neighbor who thinks I’m a murderess anyway, would object.
- I wonder if I would care that she would object. I’m thinking no.
- I maybe twisted but while I enjoy laughing myself into tears over prank scaring my guy or kiddo, or just plain old sneak prank attacks done randomly and at will, they are the most important people in my life and I make sure I let them know just how much I love them, after I regain my breath from laughing.
- I got sucked into watching MoonShiners and now I watch it all the time. It’s awful and I love it. Nothing like Redneck TV, right?
Tomorrow, I’ll do the next two steps. Posting my 11 nominees and my 11 questions for those lucky people. See, I would today, no I planned on it actually. But I can’t hear myself think over the music blaring, a kiddo yelling war whoops in the next room (poor Mario) and…you guessed it, the damn dogs that if they don’t stop, I might just snap and do something unthinkable like…like…I’ll get back with you on that too, but I’m starting to give serious thought to Australia.
How it works (The Rules)
The rules for the Liebster Award are to:
A. Thank the person who nominated you.
B. List 11 random facts about yourself.
C. Answer 11 question they asked you.
D. Nominate 11 other people and then ask them 11 questions of your making (be afraid people, I’m drivin’ this bus).Also: according to the Liebster guidelines the award should be sent to other bloggers with less than 200 followers. I think I have this correct, if not then by all means correct me. 😉
- The Liebster Award- More Wonderful People (marilyndavies.wordpress.com)