Before I meet 40 face to face…
This past weekend showed me a great many things. Good, bad, funny and downright…not right, or just plain fugly. Sadly, none of them were things I could mark off my Oh Dear Gawd CeeLee’s gonna be forty and forty=ancient (so says Duck) Bucket List. I have exactly 4 1/2 months left and umpteen million things to do. And it’s not like productivity and I have been besties lately.
CeeLee’s Bucket List
- Get on an actual working airplane (the plane going anywhere is for an entirely different list-like the 80 age bracket)
- Take Duck (per Duck’s request and with his evil grin, he knows my hate for heights) on the mega zipline
- Take Duck caving (Duck also is well acquainted with my claustrophobia-the kid is evil) in an admittedly cool cave
- My other half suggested naked skydiving (he’s weird and I have this thing against getting arrested (nekkid) and suffering abject humiliation) so…yeah um…no.
- Try my hand at belly dancing and kickboxing. Just not simultaneously. And most definitely not nekkid.
- Learn how to be a better friend to my friends, ie; listen more.
- Learn to remember that real love isn’t what the fairy tales say it is. It’s better and it suh-huh-hucks. Sometimes at the same time.
- ***Get published*** I’ve got tons of “Thank you buts”…now I want a “We’re pleased to accept.”
- Start the tedious process of buying a house-one we can call our own.
The bucket list clock is ticking
I think I’ll start the countdown for getting these things crossed through…tomorrow. I may be ADHD, but I’m damn near a master in procrastination. Still, if I manage to cross off five things before my carriage turns back into a pumpkin, I’ll be happy. Fifty percent ain’t bad. Not when you’re me. Besides, one of the items doesn’t count. Repeat after me. Just say “No to nekkid!” I knew you could.