My thank you’s go to Shehanne for the Liebster nomination. Take a little hint from me. Check out her blog, you’ll thank me later. I’m quite the fan of her writing, just not in a weird I wonder what her keyboard smells like, type of way. Just so we’re all clear on that.
It’s been a whirlwind 2 weeks around here. Blog nominations here, there, and everywhere. Getting a chance to feel like a rockstar, finding new blogging friends, and best of all-being able to pass that on to others who deserve it.
I’m going to list my nominees first. What? I to eat my dessert before I eat my dinner too, so does that make me a freak? What if I told you that sometimes I just eat my dessert instead of my dinner?
Yeah…so moving right along…The rules for the Liebster Award are listed at the bottom, if anyone (like me) needs to refresh their memory.
My nominees are:
Francine In Retirement
I know her blog is award free, but it’s gorgeous. Take a look anyway.
Questions for my nominees…
- What’s the most important time of day for you, personally?
What’s your favourite story from childhood?
What’s the most fun you’ve had with a blog post topic?
Duck (my son) wants to know: Which is better? Mario or Sonic? (pst…just say Mario, he’ll be happy)
What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
Did you ever lick a battery?
Do you have a favorite motto or philosophy you try to live by?
Do you prefer baths or showers?
How good are you at bungee jumping?
Aren’t you glad you looked at Shehanne’s blog?
My turn: Shehanne’s questions /My answers
1 Which fictional character would you most fancy having a fling with and why?
- Any one strong enough to keep me out of trouble, handsome enough that the mirrors don’t break, and wise enough to leave me be, when I’m having an I hate all tech day.
2 You’ve been shipwrecked on a desert island, what book can’t you be without?
- “Wait, what? Whadda ya mean, I’ve been shipwrecked?!” Oh man, that means I either flew in a plane for the first time and it didn’t end well or I went out on the ocean in a boat, for the first time and it didn’t end well.Not exactly a win-win scenario here. Just my luck that I’d face my fears and still get bit on the ass. Hmmm…probably…101 Ways To Escape From Being Shipwrecked On An Island. Yeah. That’d be my pick.
3 Do you have a favorite literary series?
- My tastes are so varied and eclectic that picking a favorite would be impossible. I’ll get back to you on that.
4 What are you working on right now?
- A query and synopsis to compliment a fairly decent short story about a WW11 B-17 Bomber restoration, a drug ring and all that entails. But the query and synopsis aren’t pro-change. They really hate it. With a passion.
5 Who is your favourite author and why?
- Stephen King was the one and only true love I had, in 4th grade. That changed to Dean Koontz in HS, only to change again when I was in college. I’m kind of fickle that way. No favorite at the moment, but that can change at any time.
6 Favourite colour?
- Blue. Green. No. black. sigh All of the above?
7 Are you a plotter or a pantser
- Total pantser, I love it but it doesn’t always return my affection. Rarely returns my-okay, sometimes it loves me back.
8 Have you been known to ‘torture’ a character and if so why?
- Oh yeah, yeah, yeah! No, wait. Don’t run away, look he totally deserved it. How would you feel if your villian decided to have his guys carve on a chick merely because she didn’t do what he wanted, when he wanted? Uh huh, I thought so. He got his, yes, yes he did. 🙂
9 Do you prefer sweet or angsty?
- Angsty. It has more meat to it. If I can read about someone who is struggling and either makes it. or gets close to making it-that I can readily identify with.
10 Which part of the craft have you found hardest to learn?
- The story is the easy part. It’s the rest; formatting, querying, submitting-all that I’ve yet to conquer.
*Rules For The Liebster Blog Award*
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Show off your award on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- Create 10 questions of your own.
- Nominate 5-10 blogs and be sure to notify them of their nomination.