So you stayed up all night working on a 3 am star and now your butt is dragging.
You need to get things done-but you aren’t sure what is left in your energy reserves.
It’s time to check your creativity fatigue.4/10/14 Update.
I looked at the post title for 2 days before realizing that I had forgotten to put in the word “creativity”. It was supposed to be Explore Creativity Fatigue with the 5 Levels of Tired.
Whoops…Guess that proves the point I’d made about being deaded-better than I could’ve imagined 😉
The 5 Levels of Tired…
5. Draggin’ yo’ wagon
You are definitely tired.
example: Doing a role reversal with a cashier. When you ask her if the intended purchase is to be credit or debit. And you aren’t a cashier there or anywhere else.
Serious thinking is becoming difficult but can be preformed with extra effort.
- Decisions regarding finances, spur of the moment road trips, and password setting should be avoided, you’ll forget them anyway.
You should still be okay to drive.
- Turn music to moderate level and concentration to caution. You should make it through the day with little to no snafu occurances.
4. Cream Crackered
Between tired but mentally functional and tired and mentally dysfunctional.
example: Placing a TV remote in the freezer that you’ll end up looking for, for the next 3 days.
- Postpone all decisions regarding haircuts and DIY spray-on tans. The results will have you appearing as if you’re trying out to be an extra in another Willy Wonka movie. One sporting a sleek new crew cut. And you aren’t a guy.
Proceed with caution.
- Set music to 3/4 volume level, open back windows, and attention should be on red lights and stop signs. ie: stop for both.
- No rolling stops. Today will also be the day you’re most likely to get a chance to greet a cop and then have to plead with him to not get a ticket. Don’t even try.
example: You’ve had to re-set your password 3 times in a row in less than 15 minutes.
Thinking has entered the ssloww-mmo stage. Warning. Power reserves at critical level.
- Decisions regarding a Duck’s passionate speech about putting off homework til later, letting dogs come in from outside after indulging themselves with a day of mud bathing, and whether having PopTarts for dinner is a great idea must not be made at this time.
- They will be the wrong decisions. Ones that end in drama and chaos. (And mud in places you never wanted to see)
Do you have to drive today?
- If it’s an errand that can be done tomorrow, be strong. It can wait.
- Otherwise, ingest a liquid with a cafeiene content strong enough to power the Space Shuttle prior to your hitting the road.
- Music up to shake the rearview mirror level, all windows down and stay out of the hammer lane.
Also known as slap happy.
example: Searching high and low for your car key. The one already in the ignition. With the car running and music playing. With the “Low Fuel” light flashing brightly from the dashboard. Because the car is just that sneaky.
Everything is funny, even if it isn’t. There are no brain cells currently firing. Danger! Shut down sequences initiated.
- Say nada to The Redneck. Though you think your remark or observation is truthful and hilarious (and it probably is) he will not share the same sentiment. And you will get a free lesson in the Was That Necessary? category, whether you need it or not.
If driving is a requirement, concentration should be in maxed-out red zone range.
- All windows down and music full volume.
- Use songs with a-LOT of bass. The vibration rattling your teeth will keep you alert.
- Slow down and do the double look-both ways-before making any turns.
Beyond exhausted. You are now a walking, mumbling zombie.
example: Agreeing to Duck’s request to buy a platypus as a family pet.
Brain cell destruct sequence completed and engaged, awaiting code for one minute countdown.
A. Are my shoes tied?
B. Is my hair combed?
C. Will my appearance scare people?
Hahaha! What? You’re serious?!
- Do you let a blind person drive? No?
Then why are you even considering driving with a brain-dead zombie?
And I’m spent.